There are so many different factors that contribute to an effective advertising campaign, which makes it hard to create the perfect one. You’ve got to identify and select a target market, select the proper type of advertisement, design an appealing ad, and then manage to get the wording and medium just right. In short, advertising can be tough, which is why so many people look outside the business for advertising help.
However, you can now effectively build and manage your own advertising campaign on Facebook, the social media platform tailor-made for effective advertising. Facebook Advertising is a mature and constantly-improving Ad platform that allows you to design, manage, and track the success of your own advertising campaign. It’s accessible, intuitive, and easy to use. That said, you can’t just paste a thoughtless advertisement on Facebook and expect to meet your advertising goals. Check out the list below for some of the keys to running an effective advertising campaign on Facebook.
- Identify Your Advertising Objective- What do you hope to accomplish with your ad campaign? The first step of every successful advertising campaign is identifying your goal. Do you want to build awareness of your brand? Increase conversions on your site? Encourage customer engagement? Carefully considering and selecting an objective is an important step on the path to advertising success!
- Select Your Target Market- Who are you trying to engage with your advertisement? Young married couples? Elderly women who love knitting? Teenage athletes in Virginia? Once you’ve identified your target market, Facebook allows you to narrow the scope of your campaign, ensuring it’s seen by the right people. You can identify your audience by age, geographic location, interest, and a host of other variables. Facebook even has a tool that helps you determine whether the scope of your advertisement is too broad, too narrow, or just right.
- Work within a Budget- What are you willing to spend to accomplish your advertising goals? Facebook employs a useful budgeting tool that allows you to set either a total or daily budget, and even estimates the number of users your proposed budget will allow you to reach over the lifetime of your campaign, which can also be set using this tool.
- Design an Appealing Ad- What should your ad look like? There are two parts of every advertisement: the image and the copy, or the text within the advertisement. Your image should fit your objective and be visually appealing, and your copy should be short and clear. Using Facebook, you can preview and test a number of advertisements prior to beginning your campaign. You can also create multiple ads as part of the same campaign, which Facebook will automatically cycle through.
- Find the Perfect Placement- Where does your ad belong? Facebook offers three choices when it comes to ad placement: Newsfeed, Mobile, and Right Column. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, and its important to carefully consider and test which placement is best suited for your campaign.
- Track Your Performance- How is your campaign doing? Facebook gives you the ability to track the performance of your campaign, displaying the total number of users reached, conversion rate, and amount spent on the campaign to date. That’s only the tip of the iceberg, as there are even more metrics that give you valuable insight you can use to tweak and improve future campaigns.
An effective Facebook Advertising campaign can contribute greatly to the success of your business, and this guide should set you on the path to get there. Good luck!
Subscribe to Blog via Email